The Journey consistently has over 1,000 adults attending weekend services, over 1,100 in groups and expects continued growth.
We are looking for a young, aggressive guy who is ready to live in NYC, work hard, grow as a pastor and leader in this important role on our staff and make a tremendous difference for Jesus Christ in one of the most important cities in the world!
Are you passionate about raising up new leaders and volunteers, seeing people get connected in the church and challenging them to grow in their faith?
Do you believe that every believer has spiritual gifts that could serve the church and are you passionate about seeing people mobilized to serve the church and God’s kingdom?
Can you work with our team to increase the number of people serving in ministry, improve our care/follow-up to new believers and create systems that see ever more people taking the step to be baptized and becoming members of the church?
Do you enjoy recruiting volunteers and working with them to create a great environment on Sundays for everyone who attends – especially first time guests?
Are you passionate about follow-up and seeing people assimilated into the church (from first-time guests to fully developed followers of Jesus)?
Are you interested in helping a growing church continue to grow?
Do you have a high view of ministry and of ‘serving as part of discipleship’ and do you have a strong desire to reach unchurched young professionals?
This is not a pastoral care position, but an equipping position to make a difference with the best and the brightest from around the world that make up the JourneyChurch in NYC.
- Leadership, growth and innovation of The Journey’s ministry and volunteer systems – with the goal of getting 50% of Sunday attendance involved in meaningful ministry on a weekly basis.
- Leading The Journey’s Assimilation System in moving first time guests to becoming fully developing members. This includes the Sunday experience, follow-up to first time guests and next step decisions, new believer follow-up and care, leading people to take the step of baptism and then to attend Membership Class and beyond.
- Requires the ability to lead teams effectively, to raise up new leaders at a rapid rate and to communicate/teach.
- Organizational and administrative skills are a must.
- Must be extremely hard-working and bring a lot of energy and enthusiasm to the table.
- Other desired characteristics include strong interpersonal skills; growing leader; team builder; sense of humor; risk-taker (seminary not required).
- A Solid Calling to New York City
- Familiarity with Lead Pastor Nelson Searcy’s book “Fusion.”
- The ability to manage a large and growing Ministry & Volunteer System
- A passion for the Bible and innovation
- An ability to communicate, lead classes and lead meetings (volunteers/staff)
- A team player
- A positive attitude
- A familiarity with The Purpose Driven Church Model
- A risk taker
- A passion for helping people take spiritual next steps
- A desire to not let anyone fall through the cracks
- A passion and drive for evangelism and reaching the unchurched
- A high commitment to the local church
- Must be willing to work up to 60 hours a week when necessary
Only resumes accompanied with a COVER LETTER will be considered.
The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer 4 questions:
(1) Why you are interested in this position?
(2) Have you read the book “Fusion: Turning First Time Guests into Fully Engaged Members of Your Church” by Journey Lead Pastor Nelson Searcy?
(3) Why you would feel comfortable relocating to New York City?
(4) And what about you makes you stand out from other candidates for this position?
*Also – if you have a recent video/audio of you teaching in front of a group (large or small) – please include that along with your resume and cover letter.
Please send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Free Stuff...
Receive Nelson Searcy's FREE "Healthy Systems, Healthy Church" E-book ($23.95 value)!
Just complete the form below and you will receive your free copy:
God designed all the parts of the body - both the church body and the physical body - to work together, allowing us to fulfill God's purposes and plans on this earth. And both of those respective bodies function best through well-developed systems.
Nelson Searcy's revised Healthy Systems, Healthy Church E-Book has been updated to include diagnostic questions for you to determine the current health of your church's systems and practical help as you lead your church to greater health and effectiveness. Just complete the form above to receive your FREE copy!
Search The Blog
Looking for a particular subject? Please enter the keywords in below and press the search button to find what you are looking for...
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008