We’re looking for just the right “A” player to fill a key pastoral position here at The Journey Church – Boca Raton
We’re looking for a Families/Assimilation Pastor to join our team – Don’t apply unless you love reaching unchurched families and Nelson Searcy’s book “Fusion” and “Connect”!
However, if you’re passionate about reaching families, helping first time guests become fully- engaged members, and willing to devote yourself to “giving the people of South Florida the best opportunity to become fully developing followers of Jesus,” you may be just the right fit!
Here’s the official position description:
Pastor of Families and Assimilation @ The Journey Church in Boca Raton:
The Journey is a contemporary 11-year old church with campuses in New York City, Queens, NY and Boca Raton, FL. The position of full-time Families and Assimilation Pastor is currently available at our newest location in Boca Raton.
The Journey – Boca Raton began weekly services in February 2011, and since then has seen nearly 150 people baptized and averages 300 people in attendance each week.
The Families and Assimilation Pastor position is full-time and reports directly to Lead Pastor Nelson Searcy, while working in harmony with the other pastors of the Boca Raton staff.
This pastor position would give leadership to our growing family ministry (Journey Kidz and Students), our Assimilation system, and serve as a teaching pastor and member of the executive leadership team.
Salary and benefits are competitive and the position is available immediately (although we’re patient in order to find the right person).
This is a great opportunity for someone to join a great and growing team in a beautiful, although highly unchurched, part of the country.
So, are you called to serve in South Florida?
Are you passionate about helping first time guests take steps in their faith, become regular attendees, make a decision to follow Christ and become fully-engaged members in the church?
Are you interested in expanding an already healthy Children’s ministry of 100 kids, and starting a student ministry for 6th-12th Grade?
Are you interested in helping a growing church continue to grow?
Do you have a high view of ‘serving as part of discipleship’ and do you have a strong desire to reach unchurched families?
This is not a pastoral care position, but an equipping position to make a difference with the best and the brightest from around the world that make up the Journey Church in Boca Raton, FL.
- Leadership, growth and innovation of The Journey’s Assimilation System.
- Hands-on direction for our Sunday Journey Kidz Ministry, as well as starting a new Student Ministry, and investing in families at The Journey.
- Requires the ability to lead teams effectively and to raise up new leaders at a rapid rate.
- Organizational and administrative skills are an absolute must.
- The ability to teach and contribute to The Journey’s teaching team is a plus as well as the ability to work well with and lead staff.
- Must be extremely hard-working and have had leadership experience on a large or growing church staff.
Other desired characteristics include strong interpersonal skills; growing leader; team builder; sense of humor; risk-taker (seminary not required).
- A Solid Calling to serve as a supporting pastor
- The ability to manage a large and growing Family Ministry and Assimilation system
- A passion for the Bible and innovation
- An ability to teach, lead classes and lead meetings (volunteers/staff)
- A team player
- Experience in a large/growing church
- A positive attitude
- A familiarity with The Purpose Driven Church Model
- A risk taker
- A passion for discipleship and not letting anyone fall through the cracks
- A passion and drive for evangelism and reaching the unchurched
- A high commitment to the local church
- Comfortable in a non-Charismatic worship environment
- Experience in a church of 500 or more is a bonus
- Must be willing to work up to 60 hours a week when necessary
Only resumes accompanied with a COVER LETTER will be considered.
The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer 4 questions:
(1) Why you are interested in this position?
(2) Have you read the books “Fusion: Turning First-Time Guests into Fully-Engaged Members of Your Church” and “Connect: How to Double Your Number of Volunteers” by Nelson Searcy?
(3) Why you would feel comfortable relocating to South Florida?
(4) And what about you makes you stand out from other candidates for this position?
*Also – if you have a recent video/audio of you teaching in front of a group (large or small) – please include that along with your resume and cover letter.
Please send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com.
Sorry, but contacting the church in other ways shows that you can’t follow instructions and thus you won’t be considered – ha (but true!).
More Free Stuff...
Receive Nelson Searcy's FREE "Healthy Systems, Healthy Church" E-book ($23.95 value)!
Just complete the form below and you will receive your free copy:
God designed all the parts of the body - both the church body and the physical body - to work together, allowing us to fulfill God's purposes and plans on this earth. And both of those respective bodies function best through well-developed systems.
Nelson Searcy's revised Healthy Systems, Healthy Church E-Book has been updated to include diagnostic questions for you to determine the current health of your church's systems and practical help as you lead your church to greater health and effectiveness. Just complete the form above to receive your FREE copy!
Search The Blog
Looking for a particular subject? Please enter the keywords in below and press the search button to find what you are looking for...
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008